As a Hong Kong passport holder, you are required Visa to arrive in Vietnam. In this paper, we would like to present to you all the information about Vietnam Visa for Hong Kong citizen.
1/ Apply for Vietnam Visa On Arrival
What is Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
Since 1996, Hong Kong citizen is able to get Vietnam Visa upon arrival by applying online without a required document.
The name of this visa type itself answers the question “Where to get Vietnam visa?”, since “Vietnam Visa on arrival” means “The Vietnam visa picked up upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam”.
Vietnam visa on arrival is legitimate and posted in Vietnam immigration laws at the official website of Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs – so it is endorsed by the Vietnamese Government.
Furthermore, having been recognized by the International Air Traffic Associations, Vietnam Visa on arrival is no strange thing in the tourism industry.
Processing time for Vietnam Visa On Arrival
Vietnam Visa for Hong Kong citizen will be processed within 1 working day only for the normal case. In the Emergency case, you can get your Visa letter within 30 minutes. The processing time is pointed out below:
- Normal case: from 1 to 2 working days
- Urgent case: within 8 working hours
- Emergency case: from 30 minutes to 4 working hours
- Holiday case: within 30 minutes ( in overworking time including weekends, public holidays)
Vietnam Visa On Arrival Procedures
With 4 simple steps, Hong Kong citizen can get Vietnam Visa:
- Filling the application form: this step requires your personal information such as full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number. Remember to fill the details exactly with your passport information.
- Review and settle your payment: take a look on your information again, then pay the visa fee. There are 3 ways to make your payment: paying by credit card via PayPal, Banking transfer and Western Union.
- Receive the Vietnam Visa Approval Letter: check your email for the Visa letter and print it out.
- Get Visa Stamp at Vietnam airport: Using the Vietnam Visa to get Visa stamp at the Visa landing counter when you arrive in Vietnam.
Vietnam Visa On Arrival Fees
The Vietnam Visa on Arrival includes 2 types of fee which are visa fee and stamping fee. Visa fee is the fee you pay to get the Visa Approval Letter and stamping fee is for the Visa Stamp at the Vietnam airport upon arrival.
Please pay attention that the stamping fee must be paid in cash. The more applicants you apply, the lower the fee you get. To check the specific fees, please click Here
**Note: Before applying for Vietnam visa, make sure your passport has a minimum 6 months validity.
2/ Getting Vietnam Visa from The Embassy/Consulate
It means that you need to bring your passport and some required documents to go directly to the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate to apply for Vietnam Visa. We recommend you to make a call to the Vietnam Embassy to check carefully for the documents. Some contact details of the Vietnam Embassy below may be useful for you:
Consulate General of Vietnam in Hong Kong, China
- Address: 15/F, Great Smart Tower, 230 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China
- Phone: (852) 2591 4517 / 2591 4510
- Fax: (852) 2591 4524 / 2591 4539
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The advantages of Vietnam Visa On Arrival
In comparison to the Vietnam Embassy visa, which requires applicants to travel back and forth to local Vietnam Embassy, the procedures to get Visa on arrival Vietnam are much easier, money savings and less time-consuming.
- No passport or document to send off
- Saving time and money: 1 working day processing, only $19 for 1 month Visa
- Quick and easy to apply
- Money back guarantee in case your Visa is denied
As a result, more and more travelers choose Vietnam Visa On Arrival for their trip.